1. In a mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup yogurt / curd, 4 tsp roasted gram flour / besan, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder,1/2 tsp raw mango / aamchur powder.
2. Add 1 tsp kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves, salt to taste, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder. mix everything well.
3. In the same bowl add your leftover idlis or mini idli's (approx. 24).
4. Next add 1/2 cup onions cut into small cubes, 1/2 cup capsicum cut into small cubes and 1/2 cup tomatoes cut into small cubes. gently mix everything well so that all the spices are nicely coated with the idlis, onions, capsicum and tomatoes. keep it aside for 30-45 minutes.
5. After 30-45 minutes, heat some oil in a non stick pan or grill pan, and shallow fry the idli, cubes of onions, capsicum and tomatoes in batches for about 3-4 minutes on a medium flame and its done.
6. You can serve them as it or can serve it by placing them on skewers, drizzle some lemon juice, sprinkle some chaat masala and serve it with green chutney and onion rings.
1. This recipe serves 4.
2. I have used mini idlis here, you can use normal idlis as well (7-10 normal idlis would be enough), just cut them into small pieces.
3. Do not shallow fry all the idlis and cubes of onions, capsicum and tomatoes at once, do it in batches.
4. For roasted gram flour / besan, in a hot pan roast the gram flour for 3-4 minutes on a low to medium flame.