1. Soak 1 cup moong dal and 1.5 cups rice overnight. in the morning, first drain the water and blend to smooth batter. transfer to a large vessel.
2. Heat 1 tsp oil and add 1 sachet of eno fruit salt. now add the eno to batter and cover the vessel. this will help in getting them fluffy.
3. Now add 1-2 finely chopped onions and 1 medium sized finely chopped capsicum to the batter. also add in salt to taste and mix the batter well.
4. Put a drop of oil into each mould and add few mustard seeds and 1-2 curry leaves. once the seeds start spluttering, pour the batter into each moulds with the help of a large spoon.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes with closed lid.
6. Once the batter gets cooked from bottom, slowly with the help of spoon flip it over and cook the other side.
7. Guliappa is ready! serve it with coriander or coconut chutney.