For boiling noodles
1. Boil water in a wok, add salt to taste and 1 tsp oil. add 1 packet noodles and boil for 6-7 minutes.
2. Rinse the noodles with cold water or with tap running water.
3. Pour few drops of oil and mix with noodles to avoid it from sticking to each other.
For the soup
4. In a blending jar add 2 medium sized onions, 4-5 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger, 1 tbsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp red chilli powder and 1 tbsp oil. grind into a fine paste. foodies with indian palate can also add 1 tsp coriander powder and cumin powder.
5. Heat oil in a wok, add the paste and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the chopped veggies namely 1/2 cup diced carrots, 1/2 cup diced mixed bell peppers, 1/2 cup brocolli, 1/2 cup french beans, salt to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add 600 ml coconut milk, mix well and bring to a boil.
8. In a separate bowl, add 1 tbsp gram flour / besan and 500 ml water. mix well, pass it through a sieve and add to the soup.
9. Boil and cook further for 8-10 minutes.
10. Place the boiled noodles in a bowl, pour the hot soup and top it with some roasted crushed peanuts, fresh onion slices, fried noodles, fried onions, freshly chopped coriander leaves and spring onion greens, a lemon wedges on side may elevate the flavour. serve hot.