1. Take a non-stick pan. add some oil to heated pan, swirl it around. add in 2 pieces of cinnamon bark, 2 star anise, 1 tsp white peppercorns, 1/2 tsp cloves, 1 bulb of garlic with skin on, 4 slices of ginger. saute till fragrant and aromatic over medium to low heat.
2. Once you smell the aroma from spices, add 1 trotter at a time. pan fry each side for 2 minutes. remove trotters from the flame and keep aside.
3. Transfer the garlic and whole spices to a pressure cooker along with the pig / pork trotters, 10 gms rock salt, 1 bay leaf, 2 cups chinese white wine, 1/2 cup light soy sauce, 1 cup dark soy sauce. top with enough water to cover pig trotters.
4. Put lid on. switch on the gas. once steam is released, reduce heat to low and cook for 40 minutes. (if using normal pot, cook for atleast 1.5 hours).
5. Add salt to taste and give it a good stir.