For aloo masala
1. Heat a kadai with 2 tsp oil. add in 1/2 tsp cumin seeds and let them splutter.
2. Add 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger, 1 medium sized finely chopped onion, 2 finely chopped green chillies and saute them till onions are translucent.
3. Add salt to taste, 1 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp pav bhaji masala powder and give it a mix.
4. Add 4 boiled and roughly mashed potatoes and saute.
5. Finally add juice of 1/2 a lemon and finely chopped coriander leaves. turn off the stove and keep this aside.
For masala toast sandwich
6. To make the masala toast, apply some butter on one side of the bread slice and apply some green chutney.
7. Next, add a thick layer of the aloo masala mixture (around 2 tbsp).
8. Also add finely chopped capsicum, onion rings, tomato slices and some chaat masala powder.
9. Place a slice of cheese and close it with another slice of bread.
10. Grill the sandwich or toast it with some butter till you get golden brown color on both sides.
11. Cut it into pieces and garnish it with sev and serve hot veg sandwich.