1. Peel 2 medium sized (800 gms) sweet potatoes and 1 onion.
2. Grate both and wrap with a cheesecloth or kitchen towel, twist cheesecloth into a pouch and squeeze out excess liquids.
3. Transfer to a large bowl, add salt to taste, pepper to taste, 2 tbsp flour or breadcrumbs and 2 beaten eggs. mix well.
4. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. spoon 2-3 tablespoons of potato mixture in hot oil, flatten slightly.
5. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. transfer to paper towel to drain and season with salt.