1. Firstly, dry roast 1 cup rava / sooji / semolina on low flame until it turns aromatic. keep aside.
2. In a large kadai, heat 3 tsp oil, saute 1 finely chopped green chilli and 1 inch finely chopped ginger.
3. Pour in 2.5 cups water.
4. Also, add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 cup grated coconut. mix well. get the water to a rapid boil.
5. Keeping the flame on low start adding roasted rava slowly, stirring continuously.
6. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until the rava turns soft and fluffy.
7. Knead the dough for 5 minutes and prepare small balls. steam for 10 minutes.
8. Further, in a large kadai heat 3 tsp oil and add tempering ingredients namely 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp urad dal / black gram skinned, 1/2 tsp chana dal / bengal gram, 5 cashew nuts broken into half, few curry leaves, 1 dried red chilli.
9. Now add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
10. Furthermore, add steamed rava balls and mix gently.
11. Also, add 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves and 2 tsp lemon juice. mix well.
12. Finally, enjoy sooji balls / rava balls with spicy chutney.