1. In a bowl, mix 30 gms salted butter and 40 gms icing sugar for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
2. Sieve and add 60 gms all purpose flour / maida and 1/8 tsp baking powder. add 40 gms desiccated coconut.
3. Mix with a spoon or spatula. then lightly mix with fingertips.
4. Use 4 tsp milk or as required to form a soft dough. do not use pressure. knead gently. cover and refrigerate for 30 mins.
5. Pre-heat oven at 150°c for 10 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
7. Smoothen and roll each portion into a ball then flatten it slightly.
8. Roll the top side of cookies in desiccated coconut and arrange on baking tray at some distance.
9. Bake at 150°c for 20-25 minutes until light golden crust forms on top.
10. Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
11. Allow the cookies to cool completely for 30-40 minutes and then store it in air tight container for 12-15 days.
12. Bakery style coconut cookies are ready to eat!
1. All the ingredients should be at room temperature.
2. Do not over the mix the dough or use pressure to knead or else cookies can turn hard on baking. handle the cookie dough gently.
3. You can use cookie cutter of any shape desired.