1. Clean and cut 500 gms broccoli and separate the florets and the stalk. roughly chop the stalks and dice up the florets into small pieces.
2. Heat up 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter in your sauce pan and once melted add in 1 (50 gms) roughly chopped onion and the broccoli stalks.
3. Cook on a medium heat till they start to brown and then add in 10 gms chopped garlic.
4. Once you start to see some colour, season with salt to taste, pepper to taste, paprika powder to taste, cayenne pepper to taste and cook out the spices for a minute.
5. Deglaze with chicken or vegetable stock and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Transfer the cooked veggies to a food processor and blend with the liquid till you get a smooth and creamy soup.
7. In the same pan heat 2 tbsp butter and fry the broccoli florets. it's best to start cooking and not move them and allow them to get a nice char for that lovely roasted flavour.
8. Once they have some nice colour, pour the blended soup mixture through a sieve into the pot. for a chunkier soup you can skip using the sieve.
9. Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then simmer for a few minutes.
10. Add in 150 ml heavy cream and 100 gms grated cheddar cheese and mix well.
11. Cook till all the cheese has melted and you have a nice creamy soup. you can at this point use your immersion blender to puree the florets and break them down further if you like. serve hot!
1. You can also use normal water instead of vegetable or chicken stock.
2. This recipe makes 8 servings.
3. Macros per serving:-
Net carbs - 4 gms
Total carbs - 6 gms
Fat - 15 gms
Protein - 5 gms
Fiber - 2 gms