1. For the burgers, add 1/3 of the cleaned shrimp to a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Add the remaining burger ingredients namely 1.5 tbsp full fat mayo, zest of 1/2 a lemon, 1.5 tsp drained capers, 1 tsp stone ground or dijon mustard, 1 tsp onion and garlic powder, 1 tsp kosher salt and few cracks of fresh pepper. pulse the mixture until it’s chunky and a bit smooth, you want some texture.
3. The way burger patties are made is to put a piece of plastic wrap over a large peanut butter jar lid (costco size), and add some of the shrimp mixture to the lid, pack it down, and lift the plastic wrap out.
4. Finish forming the burger using your hands and move to a plate or platter. repeat with remaining shrimp mixture, you should have 6 burgers total, each about 5 ounces.
5. Place the burgers in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, or the fridge for 1 hour or overnight, this will help the mixture set up so the burgers don’t fall apart.
6. Make the keto special sauce by combining 1/3 cup full fat mayo, 3 tbsp keti ketchup, 1tbsp dill relish, 3/4 tsp tobasco sauce, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and couple cracks of fresh pepper. check for seasoning and set aside.
7. Make the burgers by pre-heating a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. add 1 tablespoon of oil, wait for 30 seconds so the oil can heat up, then add 3-4 burgers. you can’t overcrowd the pan, so cook the burgers in 2 batches.
8. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until a nice golden brown crust has formed, flip, and cook no longer than 4 minutes more. you know the burgers are ready when you press in the middle and they feel firm with a little give, but don’t over-cook the burgers! repeat process with the second batch.
9. Peel some leaves off a head of iceburg lettuce or cut it in half and rip of a bunch of leaves for the bun. spread some sauce on the bottom bun, add the burger, top with sliced tomatoes and sliced avocado, and the top bun. serve with fries and enjoy!
1. Shrimp burgers can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days or can be frozen for 2-3 months. the best way to reheat is in a 350°f oven for 7-10 minutes or in a microwave, just make sure to cover the container with a wet paper towel and don’t overheat the food or it will get dry.
2. Macros per burger patty only, recipe makes 6 burgers:-
Net carbs - 1.33 gms
Fat - 5.6 gms
Protein - 20 gms
Fiber - 0
3. Macros for the special sauce:-
Net carbs - 1.5 gms
Fat - 58 gms
Protein - less than 1 gram
Fiber - 0