1. Wash 2 oz or 2 large zucchini's and trim off ends. grate on the large holes of a box grater or using the grater attachment for the food processor. place zucchini in a large mixing bowl, stir in 1 tsp salt and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes, squeeze handful of zucchini tightly over the sink to remove extra water. it helps to wring it out in a cheesecloth if you have one. it is impressive how much water comes out!
3. You should end up with 3.5 to 4 cups of squeezed dry zucchini. transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4. Add 1/2 cup chopped green onion and 2 lightly beaten eggs.
5. In a small bowl, stir together 1 cup all purpose flour / maida with 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper, or season to taste.
6. Add flour mixture into zucchini mixture and stir until well combined.
7. Place a large heavy bottomed cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. add 2 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. once the oil is hot, add the zucchini mixture a heaping tablespoon at a time and flatten out the tops slightly to make them pancake shaped.
8. Sauté for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. if they brown too quickly, reduce the heat. serve warm with a dollop of sour cream.
1. Cooking the fritters in 2 separate skillets will cut the cooking time in half.
2. Use a trigger release ice cream scoop to easily scoop the mixture and create equal sized fritters.
3. Macros per serving:-
Carbs - 3 gms
Protein - 4 gms
Fat - 6 gms
Fibre - 1 gm