1. Rinse 1.5-2 pounds chicken leg and thigh cut into pieces with cold water and pat dry with paper towel. make sure your chicken is as dry as possible.
2. In a shallow bowl, beat 1 egg with 1/2 cup heavy cream, and stir. soak the chicken in the cream mixture for 30 minutes in the fridge. this tenderizes the chicken.
3. Combine 1.5 cups almond flour, 1 tbsp tapioca flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tbsp paprika, 1/2 tsp xanthan gum, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp dried basil, 1/2 tsp white pepper, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper in a large bowl.
4. Add the chicken pieces, a few at a time, and shake to coat completely in the flour. shake off any excess and set the chicken aside on a rack to dry.
5. Pour the oil into a deep skillet or deep fryer and heat it to 350°f. add marinated chicken and cook for several minutes.
6. Add other chicken pieces being careful not to overcrowd skillet. continue cooking, turning once, until chicken pieces are golden brown and cooked through. drain on paper towel and serve warm or at room temperature.
Macros per serving:-
Net carbs - 2 gms
Total carbs - 4 gms
Fiber - 2 gms
Fat - 14 gms
Protein - 29 gms