1. Peel off the ginger skin, wash and dry it. chop it into small pieces.
2. Add 2 cups chopped ginger to a sauce pan with 5 cups water and boil it for 15 minutes.
3. Strain the ginger juice and pour it into a sauce-pan again.
4. Add 2 cups sugar and boil it till it reduces to a syrup consistency.
5. Turn off the stove, let it cool and pour it into a glass bottle. this syrup can be stored for about a month.
6. For ginger ale, take a serving glass, pour the ginger syrup, juice of 1 lemon, then add lemon slices, mint leaves & ice-cubes.
7. Add soda and mix everything with a spoon. serve the ginger ale, immediately.