1. Soak 1 cup chickpeas in water overnight.
2. Pressure-cook the soaked chickpeas with enough water and salt to taste for about 3 to 4 whistles.
3. For mint chutney grind 2 green chillies, a small piece of ginger, 1 cup coriander and mint leaves, juice of 1 lemon and finally some salt to taste. (add water as required)
4. In a bowl, add the soaked chickpeas, some finely chopped onions, deseeded and finely chopped tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped cucumber and some grated carrot. (add ingredients as per your wish and taste)
5. For seasoning add 1/2 tsp of kala namak / black salt, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder and 1 tsp chaat masala powder.
6. Add some freshly prepared mint and coriander chutney and 1 tsp tamarind and date chutney.
7. Mix everything together and garnish it with some sev and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
8. Now the super delicious crunchy chaat is ready to serve. a perfect recipe for a light lunch or potlucks!!!!