1. Slice 500 gms chicken breast from between and further slice the chicken into thin slices.
2. Transfer it to a mixing bowl, add salt and black pepper powder to taste, 1/2 tbsp ginger paste and 1 tbsp garlic paste. mix and marinate the chicken for 15 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, add 3/4 cup hung curd, 1/2 cup fresh cream, 2 tbsp almond paste, 1 tsp green chilli paste, 2 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves, 1/4 tsp white pepper powder, salt to taste and freshly chopped coriander leaves. mix well.
4. Add 1 tbsp cornstarch and add the marinated chicken, mix and coat the second marination properly. marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour.
5. Place a bowl in the centre and place a live charcoal in it and add few drops of oil / ghee. cover and smoke for 3-4 minutes. discard the coal.
6. Skew the marinated chicken in the bamboo skewers.
7. Heat a pan on medium heat, add 2 tbsp ghee and grill the chicken from all the sides for 3-4 minutes.
8. Your chicken malai tikka is ready to be served, sprinkle some chaat masala and squeeze some fresh lemon to elevate the taste, serve hot.