For dough starter
1. In a big bowl add 1 tsp dry yeast, 1 cup water, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 cup refined flour / maida and mix everything properly. cover and keep aside in a warm place to ferment overnight.
For kulcha dough
2. The next morning in the dough starter add 1 cup refined flour / maida, 1 tbsp curd, 1/4 tsp salt, and mix everything to knead into a soft loose dough.
3. Now add 1 tbsp ghee and knead once again. give it a round shape, cover and keep aside in a warm place for second fermentation.
4. Once it's fermented, remove the excess air from the dough and make equal portions of it.
5. Roll it in an elongated oval shape using a rolling pin then stick or sprinkle some onion seeds / kalonji, dry fenugreek leaves / kasuri methi.
6. Heat a flat pan and place the rolled dough on it. sprinkle some water on the side, cover it and let it cook for a minute or so. now remove the cover and cook it from the other side also.
7. Apply some ghee on both sides and cook until golden brown and crispy on both sides. remove and keep aside.
For boiling white peas
8. In a big pot add 2 cups soaked white peas, water, 1 bay leaf, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until soft.
9. Now remove it on a tray and keep aside to cool down completely.
For white peas mixture
10. In a bowl add the cooled white peas, salt to taste, 2 tbsp tamarind & dry mango water, 1 medium size chopped onion, 2 inch chopped ginger, 2-3 chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, 1 chopped tomato and mix everything properly.
11. Remove it in a serving bowl and garnish it with onion, ginger, green chillies, tomato, a pinch of roasted cumin powder, degi red chilli powder and chopped coriander leaves.