For fried noodles
1. In a mixing bowl, add the boiled noodles, salt and cornstarch, mix and coat the noodles well with the cornstarch.
2. Set oil for frying, add the noodles carefully and gradually and deep fry them on high heat until crisp and golden brown.
3. Remove it on an absorbent paper and crush them, store them in an airtight container and in cool, dry and hygienic place.
For vegetable stock
4. Set water in a stock pot for boiling, add the nicely washed vegetable trimmings, boil for 10-15 minutes to make fresh vegetable stock. the longer you boil the better the taste will be.
5. Set a wok on high heat, add oil, garlic, ginger, green chillies and coriander stems, sauté it for a minute.
6. Strain the vegetable stock and add it to the wok, continue to cook on high flame and bring it to a boil.
7. Add the veggies, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, vinegar, white pepper powder, sugar and aromat powder (optional), mix well and bring it to a boil.
8. In a separate small bowl, add 2 tbsp cornstarch and 1 tbsp water to make cornstarch slurry.
9. Further add the cornstarch slurry to the soup and cook until it becomes thick, you can adjust the quantity of the slurry depending how thick you want you soup to be. check for the seasoning and the spiciness as per your taste.
10. Finish it by adding some freshly chopped coriander leaves and spring onion greens.
11. Your veg manchow soup is ready to be served, serve it immediately with some crispy fried noodles.