For sugar syrup
1. Firstly, in a wide pan take 1 cup of sugar.
2. Further, to that add 1/2 cup of water and get it to a boil. dissolve the sugar syrup completely.
3. Now add 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder and few saffron threads.
4. Then simmer for 10 minutes till the sugar syrup turns sticky.
5. In a large mixing bowl, take 1 cup maida / all purpose flour, 1/2 cup rava / semolina and 1/4 cup sugar.
6. Also add 1/2 tsp fennel powder and 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder.
7. Further add 1/2 cup milk or rabri. mix well making sure there are no lumps in the batter.
8. Add water as required and mix well. make sure the batter is of smooth pouring consistency.
9. Further, whisk the batter for atleast 5 minutes. cover and rest the batter for 30 minutes.
10. Mix the batter again and take a ladleful of batter. pour the batter into hot oil / ghee.
11. Once the malpua starts to float, splash oil over malpuas. also press gently with the help of perforated spoon. the malpuas will puff up like poori.
12. Now fry both sides till they turn golden brown. drain the malpuas onto a kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
13. Now soak the malpuas into hot sugar syrup. rest for 10 minutes making sure both the sides of malpua are soaked well.
14. Finally, serve malpuas hot with rabri and garnished with few nuts.