1. Bring a small saucepan of water to boil for the noodles.
2. Spread 1/4 lb rice noodles in a pan. then, pour in the hot water and let it soak for 2-3mins. stir the noodles occasionally to get rid of the excess starch.
3. Make the sauce by combining 2 tbsp tamarind paste, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 2 tbsp soy sauce, and a thinly sliced red thai chilli pepper.
4. Heat up a nonstick pan to medium heat. drizzle in some olive oil.
5. Sauté the 1/2 sliced red onion for a couple of minutes. then, add in 1/4 lb thinly sliced tofu and 70 gm broccoli cut into bite size pieces. sauté for another few minutes.
6. Add in 1/2 julienned carrot. give it a stir.
7. Add in the noodles, 35 gm chopped chinese chives, 50 gm bean sprouts, and the sauce prepared with tamarind paste , maple syrup and soy sauce. sauté for another few minutes.
8. Plate and sprinkle over some crushed roasted peanuts and freshly chopped cilantro. serve with some lime wedges