1. Roast 1 cup moong dal / yellow split gram in a heated pan until brown and fragrant. transfer it in a bowl.
2. Wash the roasted dal with water and add it to the pan with 2 cups of water and 1/2 tsp salt. cook until the water is absorbed.
3. Heat a pan with 3 tbsp oil. then add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 2 bay leaves, 4 cloves, 4 green cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon. then add 1/2 cup sliced onion. saute until tender.
4. Further add 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, little water and saute for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add 1 cup chopped tomatoes, salt to taste, 500 gm fish head. saute for minimum 10 minutes.
6. Add the cooked moong dal / yellow split gram. mix well. add 2 cups hot water and cook on medium to low heat for 10 minutes.
7. Next add 1 tsp roasted cumin powder, 1 tbsp ghee, chopped coriander leaves and 3-4 green chillies. serve hot !