1. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil and 3 tbsp lemon juice until well combined.
2. Then add 1/4 cup extra fine bulgur wheat to the dressing and let it soak until it is soft and plumped, for about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables (parsley & onions) by washing, drying thoroughly and finely chopping them.
4. When preparing the tomatoes, deseed them and use a colander to drain the excess juice, which you can use in another recipe at a later time.
5. Place the chopped vegetables in a large bowl. add 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves (optional). season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Then pour the bulgur and dressing mixture over. gently toss to combine.
7. Serve at room temperature or cold, with lettuce if desired.