1. In a grinder, add 1 chopped onion and a handful of parsley leaves. blend it to a coarse paste.
2. Take 500 gms (1.1 lbs) ground beef or lamb in a bowl. add 2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sumac powder, 1/2 tsp white pepper powder and mix well.
3. Also add the coarsely blended onion and parsley paste. mix it well using your hands.
4. Dip your hands in water to prevent the mixture from sticking to your palms.
5. Take a handful of lamb mixture in your hand. shape it over bamboo skewers or steel skewers. use water to shape them long as seekh kebabs.
6. Give it a little wrinkle like shape using fingers. grill them from all the sides until golden brown in colour. do apply ghee or butter at regular intervals for getting golden colour as well as charred flavour.