1. Firstly, boil 2 litres full cream milk in a thick bottomed pan, stir occasionally.
2. Turn off the stove add add 3 tbsp of lemon juice / vinegar / curd.
3. Mix well till the milk curdles like while preparing paneer. add more lemon juice if required.
4. Now drain off the curdled milk using cloth.
5. Rinse with cold water, making sure the paneer remains soft and removes lemon flavour. squeeze and drain off the water.
6. Now hang the cloth along with curdled milk for 30 minutes. do not hang for more time, as they loose moisture completely.
7. After 30 minutes, mash well for 10 minutes. mash till the curdled milk turns smooth and soft. else it will be difficult to prepare balls.
8. Further add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and combine well.
9. Transfer the prepared paneer dough onto the kadai. cook on low flame by spreading and mashing well.
10. Cook for 5 minutes or till the curdled milk is cooked well. over cooking, makes paneer crumbly loosing out all moisture.
11. Now add in 1/4 tsp cardamom powder and mix well. allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
12. Further, prepare small balls once its lightly cooled and make a dent in center.
13. Finally, garnish sandesh with tutti frutti, almonds or pistachios and serve.