1. Firstly, in a large bowl take 3 cups puffed rice / murmura. dry roast puffed rice if they are not crispy.
2. Also add 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala, 1/4 tsp aamchur / dry mango powder and 1/4 tsp salt.
3. Additionally, add 2 tbsp finely chopped onion, 2 tbsp finely chopped cucumber, 10 cubes of potato, 3 tbsp fried peanuts, 2 tbsp finely chopped tomato, 1 finely chopped green chillli and 1/2 inch chopped ginger.
4. Further add 1 tbsp tamarind pulp, 2 tbsp mustard oil and 3 tbsp sev. mix well without making puffed rice soggy.
5. Finally, serve jhal muri topped with finely chopped coriander leaves.
1. Serve jhal muri immediately else puffed rice / murmura turns soggy and doesn’t taste good.
2. Instead of tamarind pulp use can also use lemon juice for tanginess.
3. You can even add sprouts to make it more healthy and tasty.