1. Firstly, in a thick bottomed non-stick pan heat 3 cups of full cream milk. stir occasionally, and get milk to boil.
2. Further add 2 tbsp of sugar and stir well.
3. Boil the milk on medium flame till it thickens. stir occasionally, till the milk reduces to half.
4. Meanwhile, in a thick bottomed pan take 2 tbsp brown sugar. add in a tsp of water and mix well.
5. Keeping the flame on medium, stir till the sugar caramelises.
6. Transfer the caramelised sugar into boiled milk. stir well and get the milk to another boil. now allow it to cool completely.
7. Once the milk is cooled and yet slightly warm, transfer into a clay pot or any container.
8. Add in a tsp of curd and stir well.
9. Cover and allow it to set in a warm place for 8 hours or till it sets completely.
10. Then refrigerate for 2 hours to get nice creamy texture. also garnish with chopped nuts.
11. Finally, serve mishti doi chilled garnished with few chopped dry fruits.