Stir fry sauce
1. In a bowl add 3 tsp light soy sauce, 1/4 tsp dark soy sauce, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp white pepper powder, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp rice wine (optional), and 1 tbsp water. stir well and keep aside.
2. Add 1/2 tsp cornstarch in 1 tbsp water. mix well to avoid lumps. keep it aside.
Asparagus stir fry
3. Cut off roughly 3cm from the bottom of each spear of asparagus.
4. Peel off the stringy exterior of the bottom half until they got into the tender interior.
5. Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for thirty seconds or until the interior turns to semi-transparent. place it immediately in ice water.
6. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. add the coarsely chopped 4 cloves of garlic, and saute until it turns aromatic.
7. Add the blanched asparagus, sauteed over high heat for a minute.
8. Add the stir fry sauce to the asparagus. cover the pan for one minute.
9. Add the prepared cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. serve.