For palak puree
1. Firstly, in a large vessel get 3 cups water to a rolling boil. then add 1 bunch palak into boiling water. allow it to boil for 2 minutes or until palak blanches well.
2. Drain off the palak and drop into ice-cold water. this helps to retain the green colour of palak.
3. Transfer the blanched palak into the blender. add 1 inch ginger, 1 clove garlic and 3 green chillies. blend to smooth puree without adding any water. keep aside.
4. In a large kadai, heat 1 tbsp butter and add 1 bay leaf, 2 green cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 tsp cumin seeds and 1 tsp kasuri methi until it turns aromatic.
5. Further, saute 1 finely chopped onion until the colour changes slightly. additionally, add 1 tbsp besan and saute until besan turns aromatic.
6. Then add 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala and 3/4 tsp salt. saute until spices turn aromatic.
7. Furthermore, add the palak puree and saute slightly. also, add 1/2 cup water and mix well adjusting the consistency as required. simmer for 3 minutes or until flavours are absorbed well.
8. Now add 1 tbsp lemon juice and mix well.
For tempering / tadka
9. Heat 2 tbsp ghee and saute 4 cloves of sliced garlic until it turns golden brown.
10. Also, add 1 dried red chilli and 1/2 tsp kasuri methi. saute slightly.
11. Finally, pour tempering over lasooni palak and enjoy with roti.