1. Dry roast 1/4 cup gram flour or besan on low flame until the besan turns aromatic and golden brown. keep aside.
2. In a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil. then add 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp fennel or saunf, a pinch of hing pr asafoetida. let them splutter.
3. Add 1 slit green chilli and saute on low flame.
4. Further, add 2 capsicums cut into cubes and stir fry without overcooking.
5. Keeping the flame on low, add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 3/4 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp aamchur powder and 3/4 tsp salt. saute on low flame until the spices turn aromatic.
6. Now add in the 1/4 cup of roasted besan and mix well. mix until the besan is well coated to capsicum. you can sprinkle 2 tbsp of water if the mixture is too dry.
7. Cover and simmer for 7 minutes until everything is well cooked.
8. Finally, enjoy shimla mirch besan sabji with phulka or roti.