1. Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan. add 1 bay leaf, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 4-5 cloves, 1 tsp black peppercorns. mix well and saute for 30 seconds.
2. Add 1 small finely chopped onion. mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add 2 sliced carrots. mix well and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Add salt to taste, 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper , 3 cups of water, 1 large tomato cut into cubes, 1 inch julienned ginger. mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, strain in a bowl and grind the remaining mixture till smooth paste.
6. Heat the pan, add the grinded mixture along with strained water. mix well and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add 1/2 cup of water and mix well. strain the mixture again in bowl.
8. Pour the soup in soup bowl, garnish with ginger julienne and serve hot.