1. Add 50 ml oil to a pan and heat . add 2-4 laung, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 big cardamom, 2-4 small cardamom, 1 teaspoon jeera, 1 tablespoon dhania powder and 1/2 kg thinly sliced onions and fry till the onions turn brown. at this point add the 1kg mutton and fry it for 5 mins.
2. Once the mutton has been frying for about 5 mins , add 3/4 tbsp salt, 1tbsp red chili powder, 1/2 tbsp turmeric and 1 or 2 slit green chilies and bhuna for about 10 mins.
3. Once the masalas and and meat has cooked for about 10 – 12 mins add the 1/2 kg tomato's puree and again cook for about 10 mins till the tomato puree cooks and releases oil.
4. The add the finely chopped 2 inch ginger and 10-15 garlic pods and 2 tbsp curd. cook till oil surfaces.
5. Add warm water for the required amount of gravy.
6. Close the pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistle, and then let it cook for 15mins on medium to low
7. Check if the meat has cooked and then add 6-8 branches of coriander leaves, 1/2 tbsp pepper, 1/2 tsp garam masala cook for 5 mins and serve.
Note: this recipe serves 4-6 persons.