1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 3 cups plain flour / maida / all purpose flour, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tbsp ghee.
2. Crumble and mix well making sure the flour holds the shape when pressed with the fist.
3. Now slowly add water as required and prepare a smooth dough.
4. Grease the dough with oil and let it rest for 15 minutes.
5. Pinch a small lemon sized ball and grease with oil.
6. Roll the dough evenly into circles using a rolling pin. roll neither too thin nor thick.
7. Heat oil in a deep frying pan or kadai. when the oil is sufficiently hot, add one poori and press with the spoon to puff up.
8. Once they puff, it will automatically turn over. if not, once the bottom side is golden brown, turn over the poori.
Do not allow the poori to turn golden brown.
9. Then drain the poori into tissue paper to remove excess oil.
10. Finally, serve luchi with any curry of your choice.