1. Soak 1 cup poppy seeds in warm water for 30 minutes. make a smooth paste of poppy seeds.
2. Take a non-stick kadhai and heat around 3 tbsp mustard oil.
3. Add 1 cup diced parval / pointed gourd in the same pan and fry on a medium flame until they are done. remove on a plate and keep aside.
4. Again add little mustard oil and fry 1 cup diced potatoes until they are done. remove and keep it aside.
5. In the same pan, take some more mustard oil, add 1 cup diced onions, 1 tsp kalonji / nigella seeds, poppy seed paste and fry for 2 minutes.
5. Now, add the fried potato and the cooked pointed gourd. mix well.
6. Add 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder and salt to taste. stir frequently to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
7. After sometime put some sugar according to taste.
8. After 2 minutes add 2 slit green chillies and fry for some time.
9. Once the sabzi is cooked, in the end put some mustard oil , and aloo potol posto is ready to serve..