1. Soak 1 cup chickpeas / chana in water overnight.
2. Next day, pressure cook the chickpeas for 4 whistles. you can alternatively used canned chickpeas as well.
3. Dry roast 2 tbsp sesame seeds on low flame till it turns golden brown. blend to a fine powder and sesame seeds powder ready.
4. Now in a blender take 1 cup soaked and cooked chickpeas / chana.
5. Add in 3 garlic cloves, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 a lemon, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds powder. blend to smooth paste adding 1/4 cup olive oil.
6. Transfer the hummus into bowl and garnish with a 1/2 tsp olive oil and sprinkle a pinch of kashmiri red chilli powder or paprika.
7. Finally, serve hummus with falafel or as a dip to vegetables.