1. Soak seeraga samba rice for 20 minutes.
2. In a deep aluminum pot heat ghee, oil and add whole spices (cinnamon, clove, cardamom).
3. Add thinly sliced onions and saute till it turns brown in color.
4. Now add the ginger paste, garlic paste, slit green chilli, chopped tomatoes and saute for few minutes.
5. Add rock salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix well.
6. Add the chicken pieces and mix the masala well.
7. Add hot water, juice of 1 lemon, curd and mix well.
8. Add mint leaves and coriander leaves. close and cook for 10 minutes.
9. For cooking the rice, boil the water with rock salt. then add the soaked seeraga samba rice. cook the rice until 3/4th done. then strain it and keep aside.
10. Add rice to the chicken gravy and mix well. spread the rice evenly.
11. Finally, add ghee, mint leaves, and coriander leaves.
12. Seal the pot with dough. dum cook for 25 minutes on medium flame.
13. After 25 minutes, turn off the stove and let it rest for 10 minutes.
14. Ambur biryani is ready. serve hot with brinjal curry and raita.