1. Grind 1 to 2 medium size onion, 8 to 10 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger and 3 to 4 green chillies all together in a food processor or chopper. do not use grinder as you may end up making a paste. squeeze out the excess moisture using a muslin cloth.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the 500 gms minced mutton, moisture less onion mixture, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp amchur powder, 1 tsp black salt , 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder, fresh coriander leaves, fresh mint leaves, 2 tbsp raw papaya paste, 2 tbsp ghee and salt as per taste , mix it well. you can also use besan for binding if required. marinate for an hour.
3. After 1 hour, place a live charcoal in the centre and add few drops of ghee, cover and smoke for 2-3 minutes.
4. Dip your hands in water and shape the seekh kebab.
5. Heat 1 tbsp ghee on a pan on medium low flame and place the kebab skewers, cook the mutton kebab from all sides until golden brown.
6. Serve hot by applying some melted butter and sprinkling some chat masala, serve with chutney and some fresh mint leaves and sliced onions.