1. Soak 50 gms almonds overnight. next morning, peel the skin of almonds and grind into a fine paste. keep this aside.
2. Blend 200 gms khowa in one cup of milk and keep aside.
3. Divide 1 kg bottle gourd into two halves. peel each half.
4. Cut each half vertically into four pieces. de-seed and remove the soft pulp from each piece.
5. Make small pieces of peeled and de-seeded bottle gourd.
6. Add these bottle gourd pieces to a pan. add 2 cups boiled milk.
7. Close the lid and cook on medium flame till the bottle gourd pieces get tender and the milk dries up.
8. Mash this bottle gourd and add 5 tbsp butter or pure ghee.
9. Add 1/4th cup of milk mixed with 2 pinches of green colour. (this is optional)
10. Add almond paste, khowa and milk mixture, sugar (200 gms), 1/4 tsp cardamom powder and 1/4 tsp mace powder.
11. Stir fry till the clarified butter separates.
Garnish with 1 tbsp clarified butter and sliced cashews and pistachios.