For pressure cooking
1. Firstly, in a pressure cooker take 2 cups sprouted moth beans / matki / sprouts. to make sprouts, soak moth beans overnight and tie in a cloth for a day.
2. Also add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 cup water.
3. Pressure cook for a whistle or till matki turns soft. keep aside.
For masala paste
4. Now prepare masala paste by heating 2 tsp oil and saute 2 inch roughly chopped ginger and 2 garlic cloves.
5. Also, saute 1 finely chopped onion until it turns golden brown.
6. Add 1/4 cup dry coconut / kopra and saute for a minute.
7. Also, saute 1 finely chopped tomato until it turns soft.
8. Cool the mixture completely, and transfer to a blender.
9. Add 1/4 cup water and blend to smooth paste. keep aside.
For misal pav
10. Further in a large kadai, heat 3 tbsp oil, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds and few curry leaves. let them splutter.
11. Also add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp coriander powder and 1 tsp garam masala / goda powder. saute on low flame till spices turn aromatic
12. Now add in prepared masala paste and saute well. cook till the oil is released from masala paste.
13. Add in the cooked matki / sprouts, small piece jaggery and 1/2 tsp salt. give a good mix.
14. Also, add 5 cups water and adjust consistency
15. Cover and boil for 10 minutes or till misal is cooked completely.
16. Once the misal is cooked, oil starts to float indicating misal is ready.
17. In a serving plate, take matki usal add some farsan over it. top with chopped onions and coriander leaves over it.
18. Also pour ladleful of kat or gravy from sides.
19. Finally, serve misal with pav and lemon wedges making a complete misal pav recipe.