1. Take 1 cup (150 gms) wheat flour in a big mixing bowl. add 2 tbsp (20 gms) gram flour / besan, 1 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves, 1/4 tsp carom seeds, a pinch of hing / asafoetida, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1 finely chopped green chilli, salt to taste and 2-3 tbsp oil.
2. Add 1/2 cup milk in small portions and knead a firm and stiff dough. cover and keep the dough aside for 15 to 20 minutes to set.
3. Divide the dough into small lumps. roll all the lumps into smooth dough balls.
4. Now roll it out into khakhra.
5. Preheat a tawa and place the thinly rolled khakhra over it.
6. When the khakhra is roasted from beneath, flip the sides.
7. Take a clean muslin cloth and press the khakhra on all sides until it gets brown spots on both the sides.
8. Transfer the roasted khakhra over a plate or stack them in a basket or casserole.
9. Serve these lip smacking and spicy masala khakhras with any pickle or chutney.