1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 2 cups maida / plain flour, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp ajwain and 1/2 tsp salt.
2. Further add 2 tbsp ghee, crumble and mix well.
3. Now add water as required and knead into a semi stiff dough.
4. Furthermore, pinch a large ball sized dough and dust with maida. using a rolling pin, roll slightly thin.
5. Now rub 1/2 tsp ghee over the rolled dough. also sprinkle 2 tsp maida and spread uniformly.
6. Start rolling tight. this helps to get multiple layers in nimki.
7. Now cut 1 inch pieces and check for layers.
8. Press the 1 inch piece slightly and dust with maida.
9. Roll to rectangle or square shape. rub few drops of ghee, sprinkle some maida and spread it evenly. fold it diagonally and repeat the same process with ghee and maida. fold it again to form a triangle.
10. Prick with a fork to prevent from puffing up while frying.
11. Now deep fry in medium hot oil.
12. Finally, enjoy nimki as an evening tea time snack or store in an airtight container for at least 2 weeks.