1. Bring 6 cups water to boil in a pot. then add 2 cups penne pasta. cover and cook the pasta in boiling water for 9 minutes.
2. Drain the pasta and add 1 tsp olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking on to each other.
3. In a pan, add 1 tsp olive oil, and 150 gms chicken cut into strips. season this with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. cook the chicken for 3 minutes. remove chicken from the pan.
4. In the same pan, add 1 tsp olive oil and 1 tbsp butter.
5. Add 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic to the pan and saute for 30 seconds.
6. Add 2 tbsp maida and stir until maida and butter are mixed.
7. Add 2 cups milk to the pan in 2 batches. make sure to whisk well while adding the milk to ensure a lump free sauce.
8. Add 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp dried basil, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
9. By the time the sauce comes together and starts to thicken, add 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.
10. Add the cooked pasta and mix it with the sauce.
11. Add the cooked chicken to the pan and mix well.
12. Remove from heat and serve.