For boiling water
1. Set water for boiling, add salt to taste and 1 tsp oil.
2. When the water comes to roaring boil, add 200 gms penne pasta and cook for 7-8 minutes or until al dente.
3. Strain the pasta and immediately, add 1 tbsp oil, salt and black pepper powder to taste, toss well to coat the salt and pepper, keep aside until used for pasta.
For red sauce pasta
4. Wash 6-7 tomatoes well and cut them in quarters, further transfer them in a grinding jar and blend the tomatoes into a purée. they are kept coarse in this recipe, if you wish you can blend into a fine purée.
5. Set a sauce pan on low heat, add 2 tbsp oil and 5-6 sliced garlic cloves, cook until the garlic starts to get some colour.
6. Add 1 medium chopped onion and cook on medium flame until its translucent.
7. Now lower the flame and add 2 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder and cook on low flame for a short 10-15 seconds.
8. Now, add the tomato purée, salt to taste and 2 tbsp tomato ketchup. stir and cook on medium high flame for 1-2 minutes. further cover and cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
9. Now, add 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes and pinch of black pepper powder. stir and cook for a minute. homemade red sauce is ready. keep it aside and use it later when making pasta live for your family.
10. For making pasta, simply just add the cooked pasta and stir gently. add some pasta water to adjust the consistency of the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. add 50 gms grated processed cheese. mix well until the cheese melts.
11. Your red sauce pasta is ready. you can garnish some more processed cheese on top if you wish to.
For pink sauce
12. For pink sauce pasta simply add 100 ml fresh cream into the prepared red sauce pasta. lightly stir well and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
13. You can adjust the quantity of cream to adjust the colour of the sauce until its pinkish in colour.
14. Your pink sauce pasta is ready! serve hot with some grated processed cheese on it.
You can add your favourite veggies, grilled chicken or paneer in your favourite pasta or you can just enjoy simple sauce pasta.