1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. add 1 tbsp salt.
2. Once the water boils, add 300 gms spaghetti and cook according to the directions on the package. set aside 1 cup of the pasta cooking water before you drain the pasta.
3. To a large, cold skillet add 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, 4 sliced garlic cloves and 1 sliced red chili pepper. cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the garlic just begins to turn golden on the edges. don't overcook!
4. Add the drained spaghetti to the skillet, sprinkle with salt to taste, freshy ground black pepper as per taste and stir.
5. Add 1 cup of water pasta was cooked in and stir until combined. turn the heat off, add 1/4 bunch chopped parsley and give a last stir.
6. Transfer to a plate and serve with grated parmesan cheese.