How to cook noodles
1. Cook 9 lasagna noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente according to package instructions .
2. Then drain hot water and add cold water to the pot to stop the cooking process and prevent noodles from sticking together.
Make the belachamel (spinach sauce)
3. Place a pot or large saucepan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and saute 1 medium finely chopped onion for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
4. Add 4 tbsp unsalted butter and whisk in 1/3 cup all purpose flour. continue whisking for 3 minutes or until flour mixture is golden.
5. Add 2.5 cups chicken broth, 1.5 cups of half and half, 2 tsp sea salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. whisk until smooth and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened to a light gravy consistency.
6. Add 3 minced garlic cloves and 5 oz of chopped spinach. stir to combine then remove from heat.
Make the ricotta cheese sauce
7. In a large bowl, whisk together 15 oz ricotta, 1 egg, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup parsley.(reserve 1 cup mozzarella cheese to be used later)
To assemble chicken lasagna
8. Add a little bechamel sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish, add 3 noodles, 1/2 ricotta sauce, 1/2 shredded chicken then ladle 1/3 of spinach sauce over the chicken.
2. Add 3 noodles, 1/2 ricotta cheese, 1/2 shredded chicken, and 1/3 spinach sauce.
3. Add 3 noodles, remaining 1/3 sauce, and sprinkle on reserved 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
Cover & bake
11. Preheat oven to 375˚f.
12. Arrange 10-12 toothpicks over the top to keep the foil from touching the cheese then cover with a large sheet of foil.
13. Bake on the center rack in a preheated oven at 375˚f for 45 minutes then uncover and broil 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese. rest at least 10 minutes uncovered before slicing.
1. If you dont have half and half , you can use equal quantity of heavy cream and milk.
2. Chicken taken can be either 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or chicken cooked from 2 pounds chicken breast.