For olive oil-garlic mixture
1. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp grated garlic and keep aside.
2. In a mixing bowl add 1 cup deseeded and chopped tomatoes, 2.5 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp dried oregano, 2 tbsp chopped basil leaves, salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Cut 1 loaf of french bread into 10 thick slices. keep aside.
4. Divide the prepared topping into 10 equal portions and keep aside.
5. Grease the baking tray with olive oil, place the bread slices on it and brush some olive oil-garlic mixture on each french bread slice and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 4 to 5 minutes or till the bread slices are crisp.
6. Spoon out 1 portion of the topping mixture on each toasted slice and serve immediately.