Lime dressing / marinade
1. Place lime dressing ingredients namely 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp honey, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 minced garlic clove, 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper powder as per taste in a jar, shake well.
2. Put 2 tbsp of lime dressing in a ziplock bag. add 1/2 tsp chipotle powder (alternative substitution mentioned in notes below), 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp cumin powder , salt and black pepper powder to taste, mix or squidge the ziplock bag. add 2 small chicken (approx. 400 gm) pound or split if thicker than 2 cm. seal and massage to coat. marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
3. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium low flame, cook chicken to taste (2cm / 4/5” takes around 8 minutes), getting a nice brown crust on it. rest it for 5 minutes then slice.
4. Add 2 tbsp of coriander leaves into the dressing, shake.
5. Place 1 diced avocado (watch video to see how it is cut), 3/4 cup corn kernels, 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved and 1/2 finely chopped onion in a bowl. add the remaining coriander leaves, drizzle with a bit of dressing, toss gently.
6. Place lettuce in a bowl, drizzle with a bit of dressing, toss.
7. Place lettuce on a serving platter. top with salsa and sliced chicken. drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.
1. Incase you dont have chipotle powder, yiu can substitute it with 1/4 tsp smoked paprika, pinch of chilli powder, pinch of coriander powder and pinch of cumin powder.
2. You can also use cilantro in place of coriander leaves.