1. Wash the 1 cup rice thoroughly, ensuring all the starch washes away. soak it until used for next process.
2. In a bowl add 750 grams chicken, ginger garlic paste (1 tbsp), salt to taste, powdered spices and 1 cup curd, mix well and marinate it for 15 minutes.
3. In a cooker heat 1 tbsp oil, add all the whole spices and sliced onions, cook until onions start to turn brown, add ginger garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
4. Add sliced tomatoes and salt, cook until tomatoes are mushy.
5. Add the marinated chicken, add 3- 4 slited green chilies and 1 tsp kasuri methi and cook on medium flame for 8-10 minutes.
6. Add 1 ½ cup water and the soaked rice, give it a nice stir, add 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves and 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves. stir once and mix.
7. Pressure cook on medium flame for 1 whistle. switch off the flame and let the cooker depressurize naturally to open the lid.
8. Serve hot with plain curd or raita of your choice.