1. Saute whole spices(cinnamon, cardamom, clove, star anise, fennel seeds & stone flower),2 chopped onions, 5 chopped green chilies, 2 chopped tomatoes, 1 inch ginger, 6-7 garlic and let it cool.
2. Add it to a mixer grinder, add 1/4 cup coconut, 1 tbsp roasted chana dal, 1 tsp poppy seeds and 2 tsp coriander powder and grind it to a fine paste by adding some water.
3. Heat 2 tsp oil and saute 2 chopped onions, 2 slit green chilies, few curry leaves.
4. Add 2 chopped tomatoes, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, and 1 tsp salt and saute.
5. Add 1 kg chicken pieces and cook it for 10 mins.
6. Add the ground masala paste, add 2 1/2 cups water and cook for about 30 mins.
7. Finally, add coriander leaves and serve hot.