1. Add 2 tsp pepper, 2 tsp cumin seeds, 3 green chillies and grind it to make a coarse masala.
2. Mix this masala into the diluted 1 large cup of tamarind puree.
3. Boil it for a few minutes.
4. Meanwhile, to temper the ingredients: heat a tsp of oil, add 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 3 red chillies, few curry leaves, 1/4 tsp asafoetida powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and 1 chopped tomato.
5. Add 6-7 pounded garlic, salt to taste and mix it well.
6. Once the mixture is under the flame, boiling, for about five minutes, turn off the stove and add it to the tempering.
7. Let it boil for a couple of minutes till the raw smell goes.
8. The garilc rasam is ready to be served & garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.