1. Soak the 300 ml basmati rice in water for 30 minutes
2. Heat 2tbsp ghee in the pressure cooker.
3. Add 2-3 bay leaf, 1 star anise, few pieces of cinnamon, 3 pods of cardamom, 4-5 cloves & 3 chopped onions. saute till brown
4. Meanwhile, grind a piece of ginger, few garlic pods, 2 green chillies, 3 tsp red chilli paste, 5 tsp grated coconut, few coriander & mint leaves with little water to a paste
5. Add the ground masala to the browned onions. cook till the smell disappears and the oil separates.
6. Now add 2 chopped tomatoes, 500 gms mushrooms, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, salt to taste, 1/2 bunch of coriander & mint leaves. mix well
7. Add soaked basmati rice and mix gently. reduce flame to low-medium
8. Add 450 ml water and mix. check for seasoning.
9. Close the lid and put flame to medium- high. wait for steam, then put on the weight
10. Cook for 1 whistle. turn off.