1. Combine 1½ cups rice and 2 cups of curd together in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a broad non-stick pan and add 1 tsp mustard seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, add 1 tbsp urad dal, 4-6 curry leaves and 1-2 green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
4. Add a pinch of asafoetida, prepared curd-rice mixture and mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
5. Add the salt to taste. mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute. serve hot garnished with coriander.